Registration for the 2018-2019 season is now open!
- Register by 7/15 to reserve your spot. On 7/15, we will open up registration to new families.
Players are divided by birth year. USAHockey is strict about age. USA Hockey age classifications can be found at this link:
- We anticipate strong demand in a few of our age groups, particularly U10 and U8. Once our maximum number is reached, the registration will then close, and we will move to a waitlist. ****We are restricted to roster size, based on USA Hockey Rules and Regulations. In the past, we have been able to be more flexible, but are limited to maximum roster sizes.****
- SCHOLARSHIPS: If you are a scholarship candidate, we have formalized our scholarship process this year. Any interested party, please reach out to Treasurer, Glen Justice (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applications will remain confidential, as always.
- SEASON KICK OFF is Sunday, September 30th at 7pm at Cabin John. Parents will meet and kids will skate. (Another important date for your calendar: Wednesday, October 3rd, when we will hold a fundraising event with Play Like A Champion. Details to come! )
- UNIFORMS: Our U10 and U12 teams must have a light and dark uniform. We have made an adjustment to the uniforms for U10 and U12, in an effort to keep costs down for our families. All Titans will have the traditional dark uniform, but when the white uniform is required, we will be using our reversibles, which are listed for purchase… and they are HALF of last years costs! If you have a white from last year, you can use that as well.
- SWAG: We now have all gear listed through the SportsEngine site: http://titanshockey.sportngin.com New this year…. HOCKEY BAGS! The store will remain open until September 1, when we send our first bulk order. The lead time on customizable products is substantial with minimum quantity requirements. Jackets and bags must have a minimum of 10 pieces to run, so we are hoping to get everyone to help make this 9/1 deadline a success.
- USED GEAR SALE: We plan to have a used gear sale & swap in early September. More details to come. Just another initiative to make hockey affordable and accessible for our community.
- PRACTICES: We are thrilled to announce that we have even more ice than last year! The majority of regular season practices will be Friday evening at Fort DuPont. Games will be held on the weekend throughout the season. Game scheduling takes place during Sept so the game schedule will be set by early October. Season start is the first week of October and will run through February.
- TOURNAMENTS: U8, U10 and U12 will each participate in at least one tournament.
TEAM APP MANAGEMENT: We loved Team Snap, but this year plan to switch over to the SportEngine team management app, which has improved and also because it flows right out of our website and families don't have to toggle back and forth between two different platforms.
COACHES: We have an amazing group of coaches, and are always looking for more coaches to join our ranks. If you have experience, or not, we will help you through the certification process. (We will help all coaches regardless of experiences through the cert process) If you would like to be a Titans coach, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VOLUNTEERS! We need you! Volunteers are what make our program happen. We need parents to be team managers, help with community service events, run the gear store, among other areas. We will be sending required Veritas training times, so that you may register, as soon as they become available. IF you are a parent volunteer, you must also register with USA Hockey. There is not a fee to register, but it allows you to be covered under their insurance. This includes all levels of volunteers and not just coaches and managers.
- SERVICE: The Titans remain true to their mission of inclusion and service. We anticipate our Canned Food Drive, Christmas Skate, Martin Luther King Service Day, working with Urban Greens and supporting out Play Like A Champion partners. Specific dates will be included in the master calendar when released in September.
That’s it! We look forward to another great Titans season!